The Screening Process
What to expect for your ECG screening:
- After you enter the screening room, the technician will take your blood pressure.
- You will be required to remove all clothing from the waist up (including undergarments). Guys, please wear a shirt that you can get in and out of easily.; ladies, please wear a sports bra. Gowns or cover sheets will also be available for your privacy.
- You will then lie on your back on the screening table and be encouraged to relax.
- Ten (10) small stickers (electrodes) will be placed on your chest, arms and legs after the technician has cleaned these areas with alcohol wipes.
- The technician will run the ECG test and then remove the stickers (electrodes).
- After the stickers are removed, you can get dressed.
- The test does not hurt and takes only a few minutes.